MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- A Mount Vernon youngster took a ride on the wild side Sunday night, taking his toy jeep for a quick spin on the Bronx River Parkway after zipping away from his grandmother.
- Mount Vernon Police charged 15 suspects with misdemeanors over the weekend of Aug 2-3 in connection with an alleged prostitution ring, according to LoHud.com.
- For the first time in two years, the Mount Vernon School District has a permanent superintendent, as Kenneth Hamilton takes over officially from Judith Johnson.
- As many as a dozen people from two families were displaced after a fire tore through a multi-family Mount Vernon home on Thursday afternoon.
- A two-car collision at the Interstate-95 southbound exit for 287 in the City of Rye ejected both occupants of a military truck, which flipped over, and killed the passenger Thursday morning, state police said.
- 1 Man Charged In Sprain Brook Parkway Crash That Killed Infant Girl
- 2 McDonald's Shakes Up Menu, Cuts Seven Sandwiches
- 3 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others
- 4 Former School Employee, Armonk Man Charged In $280K Scam
- 5 Bud Light Apologizes For Bottle Label Some Believe Promotes Rape