MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon this week:
- DNA testing by Westchester County officials has led to the arrest of a Spring Valley woman believed to be the mother of the infant boy named "Baby Angel" who was found in an Elmsford recycling plant last month.
- Thirty people were apparently injured in a crash on the Bronx River Parkway in Yonkers that involved more than two dozen cars, Lohud is reporting.
- A Mount Vernon Police vehicle was involved in an accident occurred near East Third Street and Franklin Avenue.
- An apartment fire being considered 'suspicious' by authorities led a Yonkers mother to throw her 3-year-old twins out of the window to a relative, fire officials said.
- New York City authorities have charged 18 people believed to have been involved in a group that stole luxury vehicles from several car dealerships, including in Westchester County.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.