MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- Mount Vernon Police arrested five suspects on drug charges at a senior residence, according to WABC-TV New York.
- The two victims that were allegedly fired upon and shot by an off-duty NYPD officer in Pelham are preparing to file suit against both the officer and the NYPD for $90 million, according to LoHud.com.
- Nine first-year Metro-North conductors were fired while three others were reassigned after they were caught cheating on a safety test during a training session, according to the New York Daily News.
- State Sen. Thomas W. Libous was indicted in federal court in White Plains on charges of lying to federal agents, according to The New York Times.
- Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano recently announced the newest K9 graduates.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 4 Attorney General Joins Investigation Into Mount Vernon Holding Cell Death
- 5 Family Files $20M Suit Against Yonkers In Police Raid Fatal Fall Incident