MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Mount Vernon has suspended alternate side of the street parking on Friday due to the blizzard.
The city is asking residents not to park too far from the curb especially on narrow streets, so emergency vehicles and street cleaning crews can get through.
Also, the city is reminding residents not to shovel snow into the street since it is a violation of City Code to do so. The Police Department will be strictly enforcing this rule. When shoveling out a vehicle, residents should pile snow on the sidewalk, in front of or behind your vehicle and never in the road.
Check back with The Mount Vernon Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman Indicted On Manslaughter Charges in Attack With Car
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Charged With DWI Over Memorial Day Weekend
- 3 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidental Shooting
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three