MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Mount Vernon last week:
- After a lengthy investigation into a proposed affordable housing development in Mount Vernon, the city is poised to receive a $200,000 grant from the federal government to kick start the project.
- A man was found bleeding outside of a Mount Vernon bar early Monday morning from a reported stab wound, according to News 12 Westchester.
- For the 19th consecutive year, Mount Vernon officials can boast that the city budget ended with a surplus of funds, after saving nearly $4 million from operations last year.
- Westchester Legislators Lyndon Williams, D-Mount Vernon , and Ken Jenkins, D-Yonkers, will join a number of other elected officials along with community leaders at a rally to announce their support of the Smart Schools Bond Act of 2014 to fight “digital divide” on Wednesday, Oct. 29.
- One of the Mount Vernon police officers who shot and wounded an emotionally unstable man who was reportedly wielding a knife on Friday has a history of using excessive force, according to LoHud.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.