MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – Whether you're stuck at home or work or battling the elements in Mount Vernon, be sure to snap a photo of the snow conditions and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for our winter storm photo gallery.
Snow is expected to continue throughout the day Friday with a possible accumulation of three to seven inches, according to the National Weather Service. Friday night, heavy snow will hit the area, with a new accumulation of six to 10 inches. A coastal flood warning is in effect from 6 p.m. Friday to midnight.
On Saturday, snow is likely before 9 a.m., when it should taper off and gradually become mostly sunny with a high of 31 degrees. A blizzard warning remains in effect until 1 p.m. Saturday.
Check back with The Mount Vernon Daily Voice for more storm coverage and updates.
- 1 Several Stabbed In Late Night Street Fight In Mount Vernon
- 2 Mount Vernon Officially Renames Longfellow Schools
- 3 Mount Vernon's Fleetwood Neighborhood Hosts Community Clean-Up Day
- 4 Yonkers Police Locate Woman In Possible Abduction
- 5 Mount Vernon Superintendent Thanks Voters For Backing 2015-16 Budget