MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Mount Vernon's Kevin Jones!
Kevin Jones, who was born in Mount Vernon, turns 25 on Monday.
Jones, a professional basketball player, who last played for the San Miguel Beermen of the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA), was born Aug. 25, 1989. Jones attended Mount Vernon High School. As a junior, he averaged 21 points, 12 rebounds, two blocks per game. As a senior, he averaged 23 points, 14 rebounds and two blocks per game. In 2006 and 2007, he led Mount Vernon to the New York State PHSAA championships.
In his sophomore season, he set a school record with 135 offensive rebounds in a season and was second on the team in three-point field goals made with 42. He was also named to the Big East All-Tournament team and The 76 Classic All-Tournament team. In 38 games (all starts), he averaged 13.5 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 33.0 minutes per game.
In his junior season, he earned All-Big East Honorable Mention honors. In 33 games (all starts), he averaged 13.1 points, 7.5 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 34.9 minutes per game. In his senior season, he was named to the All-Big East first team and the NABC Division I All-District 5 first team. In 33 games (all starts), he averaged 19.9 points, 10.9 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 1.0 blocks in 38.3 minutes per game.
- 1 Core Member Of Mount Vernon Street Gang Gets 28 Years In Prison
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Killing 'Neighborhood Grandmother'
- 3 Developers Break Ground On $60M Mount Vernon LaPorte Development
- 4 Mount Vernon Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In Latest Storm
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory For New Round Of Snow In Mount Vernon