MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Mount Vernon’s Rudolph (Rudy) Hackett.
Hackett, who was born in Mount Vernon, turns 61 on Saturday.
Hackett, a retired professional basketball player, was born May 10, 1953. He was a 6-foot 9-inch, 210-pound forward and played collegiately at Syracuse University.
Hackett was selected with the first pick of the third round in the 1975 NBA Draft by the New Orleans Jazz and in the third round by the Spirits of St. Louis in the 1975 ABA Draft. He played for the Spirits, New York Nets and Indiana Pacers over two seasons. Hackett also played professionally in Italy. He is a strength and conditioning coach for the University of Southern California Trojans men's basketball team, for whom his son, Daniel Hackett, played in college.
- 1 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 2 Attorney General Joins Investigation Into Mount Vernon Holding Cell Death
- 3 Funeral Arrangements Made For Raynette Turner In Mount Vernon
- 4 Initial Autopsy Results Inconclusive In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell Death
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Identifying Yonkers Hospital Inpatient