MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. Happy Birthday to Mount Vernon’s Michael O'Keefe.
O'Keefe, who was born in Mount Vernon, turns 59 on Thursday.
O'Keefe, a film and television actor, was born April 24, 1955. O'Keefe's best known film role is Danny Noonan in the comedy film Caddyshack. He received a Best Supporting Actor Oscar nomination for his role as the oldest son of a Marine aviator in The Great Santini, starring Robert Duvall, also nominated for an Academy Award for the film. More recently, O'Keefe appeared opposite George Clooney in Michael Clayton. He has appeared twice opposite Jack Nicholson, as his son in Ironweed and as the father of a murdered girl in The Pledge. His film Frozen River was in the competition at the Sundance Film Festival in 2008.
O'Keefe's highest profile television role to date has been his portrayal of Fred, the husband of Jackie Harris (Laurie Metcalf) on the ABC series Roseanne. O'Keefe appeared on the show from 1993 to 1995.
- 1 Several Stabbed In Late Night Street Fight In Mount Vernon
- 2 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 3 Mount Vernon Officially Renames Longfellow Schools
- 4 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors
- 5 Mount Vernon's Fleetwood Neighborhood Hosts Community Clean-Up Day