MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Mount Vernon’s David Chase!
David Chase, who was born in Mount Vernon, turns 69 on Friday.
Chase, a writer, director and television producer, was born Aug. 22, 1945.
Chase is best known for the extremely influential and critically acclaimed HBO drama "The Sopranos, which aired for six seasons between 1999 and 2007. A prominent figure in American television, Chase has won seven Emmy Awards.
He has worked in television for more than 30 years; he has produced and written for such shows as "The Rockford Files,"" I'll Fly Away," and "Northern Exposure." Before "The Sopranos" his first original series "Almost Grown," aired for 10 episodes in 1988 and 1989.
In 2000, David Chase was the recipient of the Austin Film Festival's Outstanding Television Writer Award. In 2005, Chase received a Special Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers of America for his entire body of work. He participated as arranger of On the Record musical.
Some of his awards include the following ;
- 2007 Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama Series for "The Sopranos."
- 2007 Writers Guild of America Award for Television: Dramatic Series for "The Sopranos."
- 2000 Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directing – Drama Series for "The Sopranos."
- 2000 PGA Television Producer of the Year Award in Episodic for "The Sopranos."
- 2008 Laurel Award for TV Writing Achievement.
- 2008 Producers Guild of America Award - Norman Felton Producer of the Year Award in Episodic Television - Drama for "The Sopranos."
- 1 Man Stabbed In Street Overnight In Mount Vernon
- 2 Mount Vernon Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 3 Mount Vernon Poised To Erect Afforable Housing For Seniors
- 4 Mount Vernon Hosts Smart School Bond Act Rally
- 5 Mount Vernon Sergeant In Shooting Named In Excessive Force Lawsuits