MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Mount Vernon’s Andre Jamal Drummond!
Andre Jamal Drummond, who was born in Mount Vernon, turns 21 on Sunday.
Drummond, a professional basketball center with the Detroit Pistons of the National Basketball Association was born Aug. 10, 1993. He was one of the top rated basketball players in the high school class of 2011, and attended the University of Connecticut for his freshman year before entering the 2012 NBA draft.
He was rated as the No.1 player in the class of 2013 by ESPN and NBADraft.net, while being ranked No. 2 player by Rivals.com and Scout.com. In the summer of 2010, Drummond was a member of the gold medal winning United States team at the 2010 FIBA Under-17 World Championship. He helped lead team USA to a 111–80 victory over Poland in the gold medal game
Drummond appeared in 34 games as a freshman at UConn, starting 30 times. He averaged 28.4 minutes of playing time per game, during which he scored 10.0 points and grabbed 7.6 rebounds. He led the team in rebounds per game, blocks per game (2.7), and field goal percentage (.538).
- 1 Man ID'd In I-87 Fatal Motorcycle Crash
- 2 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 3 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 4 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Trump's Westchester Estate
- 5 Outside Clinton Home, Astorino Seeks Hillary's Take On Affordable Housing