MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Mount Vernon’s Andre Jamal Drummond!
Andre Jamal Drummond, who was born in Mount Vernon, turns 21 on Sunday.
Drummond, a professional basketball center with the Detroit Pistons of the National Basketball Association was born Aug. 10, 1993. He was one of the top rated basketball players in the high school class of 2011, and attended the University of Connecticut for his freshman year before entering the 2012 NBA draft.
He was rated as the No.1 player in the class of 2013 by ESPN and NBADraft.net, while being ranked No. 2 player by Rivals.com and Scout.com. In the summer of 2010, Drummond was a member of the gold medal winning United States team at the 2010 FIBA Under-17 World Championship. He helped lead team USA to a 111–80 victory over Poland in the gold medal game
Drummond appeared in 34 games as a freshman at UConn, starting 30 times. He averaged 28.4 minutes of playing time per game, during which he scored 10.0 points and grabbed 7.6 rebounds. He led the team in rebounds per game, blocks per game (2.7), and field goal percentage (.538).
- 1 Former Mount Vernon Cop Charged With Forging Hydrocodone Prescriptions
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 162 Westchester County Employees Take Buyouts