WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Irvington resident Meredith Vieira will fill in for Bob Costas on Friday evening's Olympic coverage on NBC, becoming the first woman to anchor the primetime coverage by herself.
Costas is sidelined with an eye infection he has been battling since the start of the Olympics. Matt Lauer has filled in for Costas who is not anchoring the Olympics for the first time since 1988 due to the ailment.
Vieira, the former co-host of NBC's "Today," co-hosted the opening ceremonies of the Olympics with Lauer.
- 1 Man ID'd In I-87 Fatal Motorcycle Crash
- 2 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 3 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 4 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate
- 5 Outside Clinton Home, Astorino Seeks Hillary's Take On Affordable Housing