WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- WalletHub, a personal finance social media network, recently ranked New York as the best state for teen drivers.
The site compared the driving conditions for teens in the 50 U.S. states based on 16 key metrics. The data was then broken down into categories that examine the safety conditions, economic environment and driving laws of each state.
The Empire State ranked first in impaired driving laws, distracted driving laws and third in insurance premium increases for adding a teen driver and percent of the state's teen population with a driver's license.
Neighboring Massachusetts, New Jersey and Connecticut ranked sixth, 12th and 24th, respectively.
South Dakota was ranked dead last at No. 50.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman Indicted On Manslaughter Charges in Attack With Car
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Charged With DWI Over Memorial Day Weekend
- 3 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidental Shooting
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three