WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- WalletHub, a personal finance social media network, recently ranked New York as the best state for teen drivers.
The site compared the driving conditions for teens in the 50 U.S. states based on 16 key metrics. The data was then broken down into categories that examine the safety conditions, economic environment and driving laws of each state.
The Empire State ranked first in impaired driving laws, distracted driving laws and third in insurance premium increases for adding a teen driver and percent of the state's teen population with a driver's license.
Neighboring Massachusetts, New Jersey and Connecticut ranked sixth, 12th and 24th, respectively.
South Dakota was ranked dead last at No. 50.
- 1 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 2 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 3 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 4 Man, 29, Pleads Guilty To Child Porn Charges, Says Westchester DA
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash