MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Hip-hop artist Justin Henry, who was born in Mount Vernon, recently released his debut album "Rebelontherise."
Henry. who was raised in Baltimore, and "caught his big break" after landing a job at Chung King Studios in New York City. Henry wrote and produced songs during his time at Chung King.
“Everything in my entire life has always been about music,” said Henry. “Through playing instruments and writing lyrics growing-up, it’s just been a part of me. I am a messenger and now able to share my gift and connect to people.”
After attending Long Island University’s Brooklyn campus, Henry landed an internship at Atlantic Records. Through the label’s referrals, Henry received another internship at Chung King Studios where he became the professional audio engineer for the label.
On the horizon is his April 22 show in Brooklyn. Henry will be the opening act for music producer Ron Browz and hip-hop recording artist Fred the Godson.
“I’m very excited to be a part of this show. This is the opportunity I’ve been waiting for to really break into the hip-hop music scene. I feel the Brooklyn show is my official intro to the public." said Henry. "I just want to continue to grow my career and passion in this industry by doing what I do best."
For information on Henry and a list of upcoming shows, visit his website.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle
- 5 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Donald Trump's Westchester Estate