YONKERS, N.Y. -- Yonkers' Cross County Shopping Center was packed Saturday with shoppers and revelers celebrating the center's 60th birthday.
The Center rang in its anniversary with "60 Years of Summers," an all-day festival that included the fireworks show originally scheduled for July 3.
Children and adults alike were entertained by strolling performers, and even got to check out a classic car display featuring none other The King himself, Elvis Presley.
Additionally, Food Bank for Westchester had its mobile pantry on site to help raise money for hungry Westchester residents.
A main stage that took up part of the mall's central courtyard was lit up by performances from The Chicklettes, The Zoo and the FDR Drive Band.
Several food trucks and vendors were onsite, including Yonkers Brewing Company, handing out samples of their beer and promoting their Kickstarter campaign to help open a taproom downtown.
Mayor Mike Spano and Council Minority Leader Michael Sabatino were on hand to meet and greet locals, and stayed for the beautiful fireworks display, set to patriotic tunes.
Yonkers' Cross Country Shopping Center is in the middle of an aggressive expansion, adding a Hyatt Place hotel, Olive Garden and Longhorn Steakhouse to its list of amenities.
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman, Mother Of 8, Dies While In Police Custody
- 2 Authorities Investigating Woman Found Dead In Mount Vernon PD Holding Cell
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Mount Vernon Market Fined By Liquor Authority For Marijuana Use On Premises
- 5 Police Investigating Overnight Home Invasion In New Rochelle