MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The Rev. Al Sharpton, noted activist and founder and president of the National Action Network, will be the featured preacher on Sunday, March 23, at Mount Vernon's Grace Baptist Church.
Sharpton will be at the 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. services to help kick off a series of worship services around the country leading up to the National Action Network’s 16th special address in April to be given by President Barack Obama.
“We are pleased to have Rev. Sharpton here at Grace this Sunday as we engage churches around the country to participate in Justice Sunday,” the Rev. W. Franklyn Richardson said in a statement. “It is a continued responsibility of the church to keep at the forefront import social issues affecting the community.”
Grace Baptist Church is at 52 S. Sixth Ave in Mount Vernon.
For more information call 914-664-2676 or visit www.gracechurchtoday.org
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman Charged In Fatal Hit-And-Run
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Charged In Stabbing Had Domestic Troubles In Past
- 3 Mount Vernon Seeks Contractor For Memorial Field Tennis Bubble
- 4 Mount Vernon Schools Budget Represents No Tax Levy Increase
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M