MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The Rev. Al Sharpton, noted activist and founder and president of the National Action Network, will be the featured preacher on Sunday, March 23, at Mount Vernon's Grace Baptist Church.
Sharpton will be at the 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. services to help kick off a series of worship services around the country leading up to the National Action Network’s 16th special address in April to be given by President Barack Obama.
“We are pleased to have Rev. Sharpton here at Grace this Sunday as we engage churches around the country to participate in Justice Sunday,” the Rev. W. Franklyn Richardson said in a statement. “It is a continued responsibility of the church to keep at the forefront import social issues affecting the community.”
Grace Baptist Church is at 52 S. Sixth Ave in Mount Vernon.
For more information call 914-664-2676 or visit www.gracechurchtoday.org
- 1 Mount Vernon Woman Indicted On Manslaughter Charges in Attack With Car
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Charged With DWI Over Memorial Day Weekend
- 3 4-Year-Old Yonkers Girl In Critical Condition After Accidental Shooting
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Daughter Of Eastchester Man Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three