WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester residents are invited to experience the culture and history of Poland during the annual Polish Heritage Celebration at the Kensico Dam Plaza in Valhalla on Sunday, July 13, from noon to 6 p.m.
The Kensico Dam Plaza is at 1 Bronx River Parkway, Valhalla.
There will be live polka music and dancers in traditional dress. The children of Polska Sobotnia Szkola, the children’s Polish heritage group from the Church of St. Casimir in Yonkers, will recite famous Polish poetry and sing traditional children’s folk songs. The event will also include an opportunity for visitors to meet this year’s Pulaski Day Parade marshal and the reigning Miss Polonia.
Festivalgoers can view a Polish-American cultural exhibit presented by the Westchester Pulaski Association that will illustrate Poland’s colorful past with maps, history and narratives.
Vendors will sell arts and crafts as well as a selection of Polish foods such as kielbasa, pierogies and golumbki.
Seating is informal; bring blankets and chairs for seating on the lawn. No coolers will be allowed. The festival will be held rain or shine.
This event is sponsored by Westchester County Parks and the Westchester Pulaski Association.
Interested vendors can call 683-5920 or email at Rlbco@aol.com.
- 1 Mount Vernon Employee Arrested For Stealing From Parking Meters
- 2 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 3 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Mount Vernon Skies Sunday
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Mount Vernon Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend