MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- The Westchester County Home Owners’ Coalition is hosting a "Living Within the Tax Cap" forum on Tuesday, April 8 to talk about a new initiative with the City School District of Mount Vernon.
The forum is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. Tuesday, April 8 at the Wartburg Conference Center. The City of Mount Vernon and the City School District of Mount Vernon previously signed an agreement to explore mutually beneficial shared-services opportunities.
"One of those opportunities was a WiFi initiative between the two," representatives said. "A forum will be held, among other agenda items, to touch on a first phase deliverable on a partnership formed between Apple Education and MVCSD."
The program is called the "LiT initiative," according to Derickson K. Lawrence, Chair of the Westchester Home Owners’ Coalition.
"This prototype will change the process of learning by leveraging the 'digitization of text' and embracing Common Core Standards," Lawrence said in a release. “Suffice it to say, with Apple Education as the anchor, and our city and school district leaders working together, we have an opportunity to attract other public/private partnerships to increase sustainability of this initiative."
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings In Mount Vernon
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 5 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three