MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Mount Vernon is set to host a forum on the Affordable Care Act.
The forum is set to answer insurance questions and provide assistance for signing up for the Affordable Care Act at 6 p.m. Thursday March 6 at Mount Vernon City Council Chambers.
"Open enrollment in policies on the health care law's online marketplace will conclude at the end of March," representatives said. "Those who haven't complied with the law's mandate that they have health insurance run the risk this year of being fined $95 per uninsured person, or 1 percent of household income over the filing threshold."
Representatives from Montifiore Medical Fenter, the new operators of the Mount Vernon Hospital, as well as the Mount Vernon Neighborhood Health Center will be on hand to provide information, city officials said in a release.
- 1 Hearing To Continue On Mount Vernon's 42 W. Broad Street Development
- 2 IRS Warns Mount Vernon Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Bill Cosby's Tarrytown Shows Are Still On Despite Sex Abuse Allegations
- 4 Police Identify Teenagers Involved In Fatal Accident Near Port Chester HS
- 5 Westchester County Stores Are Among Best, Worst Black Friday Retailers