MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. – Plenty of events are scheduled for the rest of the summer in Mount Vernon. Following are some of the highlights:
• Saturday, July 19 – The Panman Band will be in concert with its Caribbean style and steel drums, with the show starting at 7 p.m. in the City Hall Plaza. At this week of the Summer Breeze Concert series, Soul Synergy Orchestra will also perform. Sponsors for the event are Westchester County Legislator Lyndon Williams and ArtsWestchester. Attendees may bring lawn chairs.
• Tuesday, July 22 – The American Cancer Society Relay for Life, in conjunction with the Summer Breeze Concert series, will pay tribute to people who have been affected by cancer. The Delfonics Tribute will perform. Donations may be made during the concert, and attendees may participate in the Survivors Walk. Malcolm “Tim” Saxton of Mount Vernon will be recognized. Lawn chairs are welcome.
• Saturday, July 26 – The Summer Breeze Concert will headline Leon Robinson, actor and musician, performing reggae-style music that starts at 7 p.m. at City Hall Plaza. Valerie Adams and the Dimension Band, along with Allison “Lady Monet” Powell of Mount Vernon, will perform as well.
• Sunday, July 27 – The Friends and Family FunFest will be back this year with inflatables for kids. Emergency service workers from city departments and the U.S. Army will have a competition. The event will begin at 11 a.m. at Brush Park on Third Avenue and Sixth Street. There will also be food vendors and lots of games.
- 1 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 2 Mount Vernon Man Pleads Guilty To Assaulting Yonkers Police Officer
- 3 Former Westchester DA Pirro Makes Appearance At Robert Durst Hearing
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 5 Fare Increases Start For Metro-North, Bee-Line Riders