WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Neuberger Museum of Art Brunch and Tour to benefit DOROT Westchester is set for May 6.
DOROT Westchester will host the annual spring event with a brunch and docent-led tour at the museum in Purchase. The event will support DOROT’s programs that connect isolated elderly with a community of volunteers in Westchester County, according to a press release.
"We are excited to have this year’s event at the Neuberger Museum of Art, a beautiful setting to come together to learn more about DOROT’s mission, and support the work we do in the community," said Susan Richter, director of DOROT Westchester.
The event will include viewing the permanent collection of more than 6,000 works of art which feature "prestigious examples of modern, contemporary and African art," according to the release. Helen Neuberger, Roy Neuberger’s daughter-in-law, and Paola Morsiani, The museum’s director, are scheduled to speak at the gathering. DOROT board member Laurie Davidowitz, who recently moved from Manhattan to Westchester, will talk about her and her family’s first-hand experience of volunteering.
Learn more about the event at the DOROT Westchester website.
- 1 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 2 Police Investigating Fatal Shootings In Mount Vernon
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 5 Eastchester Dad Looks To Reduce Charges In Car Accident That Killed Three