MOUNT VERNON, N.Y. -- Wartburg recently donated more than 30 chairs and a big-screen television to the Mount Vernon Armory.
David Gentner, Wartburg’s chief executive officer and Geri Christiana, director of the Office for the Aging in Mount Vernon, celebrated the exchange together on Friday, Feb. 21. The chairs were once used in the old orphan auditorium on the Wartburg campus.
“We so appreciate the generosity of the Wartburg and how they always think of us when there are these types of donations," Christiana said.
The sturdier chairs will replace the folding chairs the seniors had been using, according to a release.
“Wartburg is a partner in this community. On this campus or elsewhere, we will find opportunities to make a difference in this community," said Gentner. "The elders served at the Armory are our families and loved ones and I look forward to seeing the furniture in use.”
Wartburg is a provider of comprehensive senior services in Mount Vernon.
- 1 Several Stabbed In Late Night Street Fight In Mount Vernon
- 2 New York's Largest-Ever Heroin Seizure Nets Yonkers Suspect
- 3 Mount Vernon Officially Renames Longfellow Schools
- 4 Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Westchester Depositors
- 5 Mount Vernon's Fleetwood Neighborhood Hosts Community Clean-Up Day